Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing v1.0 (SPROUTE) — A 5 day course
This 5-day course is designed to provide service provider professionals with the knowledge and skills required to implement advanced routing when providing scalability on Cisco routers connected to LANs and WANs.
Use of these techniques should reduce the need to redesign the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added.
Hands-on labs provide the practice required to underline the advance routing concepts and methodologies, as well as providing practical experience with the Ciso IOS/IOS XE and IOS XR features required to support a Service Provider network.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the typical routing requirements and list the routing protocols in service provider networks
- Describe steps needed to implement OSPF in the service provider network
- Describe the importance of the Integrated IS-IS routing protocol for internal routing and list the steps in implementing Integrated IS-IS into the service provider network
- Implement BGP to connect an enterprise to a service provider, and a service provider to an upstream service provider
- Describe tools used for routing protocol manipulation, route redistribution, and BGP route selection
Service Provider Routing
- Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols
Implement OSPF in the Service Provider Network
- Introducing OSPF Routing
- Understanding OSPF Operation
- Implementing OSPF Routing
- Implementing OSPF Special Area Types
Implement Integrated IS-IS in the Service Provider Network
- Introducing IS-IS Routing
- Implementing Integrated IS-IS Routing
Implement BGP in the Service Provider Network
- Introducing BGP Routing
- Implementing Basic BGP Routing
Routing Protocol Tools and Route Manipulation
- Introducing Routing Protocol Tools
- Implementing Route Redistribution
- Influencing BGP Route Selection
- Lab 2-1: Implement OSPF Routing
- Lab 2-2: Implement OSPF Special Area Types
- Lab 3-1: Implement Integrated IS-IS Routing
- Lab 4-1: Implement Basic BGP Routing
- Lab 5-1: Implement Route Redistribution
- Lab 5-2: Influence BGP Route Selection
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Wokingham — £2095 (+VAT)
This course is designed for network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who are involved in the implementation and configuartion of IP routing in a service provider environment as well as individuals looking for CCNP Service Provider accreditation.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration
- SPNGN1 and SPNGN2 recommended
This course is will prepare delegates for:
- 642-883 SPROUTE - Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing
This exam is one of the four exams required for delegates looking to achieve the Cisco Certified Network Professional for Service Providers.