Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS v7) — A 5 day course
The Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) v7.0 course is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers.
This five-day course aims at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)-based security solutions.
Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco IPS features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high performance solutions according to policy and environmental requirements
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware
Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
Managing and Analyzing Events
Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions
Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification, comprising Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1) & Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
IPSv7 training course is recommended as preparation for exam:
- 642-627 IPS v7.0