Business Writing — A 2 day course
Do you want to create a fantastic first impression with your written communications?
Are you worried that your writing may come across as bureaucratic, too formal or difficult to understand?
Do you want to be able to confidently create business emails or letters?
The correspondence we produce is an important part of our image, both as an individual and as an organisation. Our image will suffer if documents are carelessly written or do not support the impression we wish to create.
This course will give you confidence in the accuracy and completeness of your written communications, and allow you to make the right impression.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- recognise and use the 4-block structure for a letter
- identify the effectiveness of using powerful words and phrases
- demonstrate the importance of grammar, punctuation and spelling to business correspondence
- apply appropriate e-mail etiquette
- understand the importance of using plain english
- explain the differences between active and passive sentence construction
- recognise how clichés and redundant expressions can have a negative impact on correspondence
- prepare business letters using proven techniques
- Use pyramid thinking to organise complex or large volumes of data into a coherent story
- Prevent mistakes that stop you being understood
Establish personal objectives for the course
What should business correspondence look like and contain?
Improving sample correspondence
Writing in plain language and the Plain English Campaign
The 4-block structure
Understanding grammar and practising spelling
Using pyramid thinking to create logical flow
Eliminating business clichés
Active and passive construction
Setting the appropriate tone
Completion of a personal action plan
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course will benefit anyone who has to write formal and informal business documents and correspondence.
Please bring examples of business writing with you to this workshop (providing there are no confidentiality issues involved).