CVS Hook Script Implementation — A 1 day course
The purpose of this course is to provide an in depth coverage of writing "hook scripts" to tailor and control the behaviour of a CVS repository server.
After completing this course, delegates will gain:
- A comprehensive overview of the "scripting hooks" provided by CVS
- An understanding, via discussion and example and practice of the possible ways in which hook scripts can be designed and implemented
In-depth CVS "Hook Scripting"
- Exporting files and export cron scripts
- Modifying CVSROOT directory (hook script) scripting files
- commitinfo scripting
- loginfo scripting
- rcsinfo scripting
- taginfo scripting
- verifymsg scripting
- Defining CVS modules using the CVSROOT modules file
- Alias modules
- Regular modules
- Module options and scripts
- Interfacing with bugtackers
- Interfacing with buildscripts
The module will be useful to adminstrators and script implementors who need to add extra functionality to a CVS Repository server. Variants of this module are available in Bash, Perl and Python flavours.
The module assumes a knowledge of CVS and basic CVS administration
It also assumes a good knowledge of the scripting language being used
This module expands on the overview of scripting given in the CVS Administration course