Leading Virtual Teams — A 2 day course
Are you managing a team of people who do not directly report to you?
Are members of your team spread across the country / Europe / the World?
Are there cultural 'tribes' within your team?
Do you need to communicate and manage / lead in a consistent way that takes account of individual needs?
Do you want to improve your credibility and trustworthiness?
Virtual team-working is already commonplace across EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific and is rapidly becoming essential as organisations work in an increasingly collaborative way: both internally and externally with suppliers, customers and channel partners.
Teams who do not feel the presence of their leader will often acquire greater allegiance to local peers and managers. Those with strong virtual leadership will feel involved and engaged with the rest of the team and their shared goals, this will mean greater performance and less misunderstandings.
This course is facilitative in style, and you'll get a chance to see things from the 'remote perspective' as well as the 'centre perspective' and come up with solid action plans to ensure your teams never feel remote.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Create a team environment despite challenges from geography, time zones, culture, lack of reporting lines or authority
- Feel freed up to get on with people as individuals and drive performance
- Feel less stressed and better informed
- Gain more recognition for what you do
- Review the benefits and challenges working in various geographic locations and with other organisations to deliver projects and services
- Apply the different approaches required to ensure effective virtual team working both within the UK and globally
- Understand the different cultural models and how to use these to inform your management style and communication
- Understand your own leadership style and consider how this understanding might be used to improve the various relationships you have with others on a local and global basis
- Build a personal action plan
- Fill in a situational leadership questionnaire to understand how effectively you lead currently
- Practise flexing your style of leading and communicating to appeal to varying audiences with differing expectations and preferences
Meet other delegates in a similar position to yourself
Virtual team working
Global cultural perspectives
Communicating with individuals
Build and manage relationships
Flexibility in leading the remote team
Applying the learning
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
You will benefit from this course if you manage remote teams in different locations as well as if you have virtual teams who do not report directly to you.