Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Re-registration — A 2 day course
This two-day course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner level re-registration examination, allowing participants to attempt the practitioner re-registration examination thoroughly prepared.
By undertaking this learning and passing the MSP® Practitioner re-registration exam, delegates will show their application of theory in running a programme.By the end of this learning, delegates will have the skills to be able to:
- Identify and document the vision of a programme, thus aligning it to the strategic aims of the business
- Coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management
- Interface the programme with the day to day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity
- Ensure that the benefits that the programme was designed to deliver are achieved
After completing this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the examination requirements of the MSP® practitioner examination
- Analyse the questions in the examination
- Analyse the scenario given to gain the most information from it
- Manage their time within the examination
- Understand the principles and structure of MSP
By the end of the course the delegates will refresh their understanding of:
- Facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- How each governance theme relates to the Principles
- How each governance theme is applied throughout the Transformational Flow
- The responsibilities of key programme management roles
- How to identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme throughout a programme scenario
MSP Philosophy and Structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP® Principles, Governance themes and the Transformational flow
The 7 MSP Principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding Value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes
- Programme organisation
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranches
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Delegates must have passed the MSP Practitioner examination a minimum of three years prior to the course start date.
Delegates should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending.
Knowledge of the PRINCE2 project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading material by email two weeks prior to attending the course. This pre-reading provides a mixture of theory, sample questions and application of MSP to a programme situation.
Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials so it is recommended that delegates spend approximately 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
In preparation for the MSP® Re-registration exam, delegates will undertake:
- An explanation of mechanics of the Practitioner examination, including the different styles of question within the 'Objective Test Examination' format
- Examination techniques
- Mock MSP® practitioner and practitioner re-registration questions, using official sample exam papers
- Revision of major topics including question and answer session
The MSP Practitioner re-registration examination takes place at the end of the course, usually on the afternoon of the last day. The MSP Practitioner re-registration exam consists of:
- 3 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 30 marks
- 'Objective Test Examination' format - a style of complex multiple-choice examination
- 1 and a quarter hours duration
- Delegates may use their official MSP® manual: 'Managing Successful Programmes' (2011 Edition) only
- Candidates require a minimum of 15 marks (50%) to pass
By successfully passing the Practitioner re-registration exam, delegates maintain 'Registered Practitioner' status.