Solve Problems and Make Decisions — A 2 day course
Do you want to be able to invent solutions that are both highly creative and effective?
Do you need to make sure your creative solutions are practical enough to implement?
Today's competitive business world requires innovative solutions to many of our daily problems. Creative thinking is not a gift, it may be developed, and we all have the capability to invent solutions that are both highly creative and effective. This course is designed to help participants to generate creative solutions to problems, be discriminating in their choice of options for development and select practical solutions for implementation.
On completion of this training course, delegates will:
- Practice using various tools and techniques to recognise, investigate and analyse problems
- Describe the scope of the problem and its impact on the bigger picture
- Capture relevant data and information and use it in a methodical way to identify possible solutions
- Assess your natural creativity
- Plan the implementation and communication of the decision
- Identify ways to review outcomes and monitor and evaluate ongoing reviews
Personal objectives for the course
Problem solving approaches
Barriers to effective problem-solving and decision-making
The use of problem solving techniques
Techniques for identifying and defining the problem
Techniques to consider possible causes for the problem
Methods of data collection
Assessment of your natural creativity
Interpreting the data collected
Techniques to generate a list of viable options
Force field analysis
Decision making styles
Techniques for testing and selecting options
Implementing the selected options
Reviewing the outcomes and evaluating results
Completion of a personal action plan
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Anyone who needs to demonstrate creativity and utilise varied techniques to solve problems as part of your job role