Advanced XML Document Processing with Python — A 3 day course
The course extends the basic techniques of XML document processing in Python to cover XPath, XSLT, XML Document Validation using DTDs.
It also provides an introduction to XML-RPC and SOAP web services, XML-Schema and also to RDF/XML for metadata exchange.
Attendees are expected to be experienced Python programmers and to have some familiarity with Regular Expressions, and with Python database programming, and to have a basic knowledge of XML and Python XML document processing using the SAX and DOM APIs.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Courses in this subject are scheduled on an 'ad-hoc' basis. We can arrange a course at our Carshalton centre or on customer site for any client wishing to send two or more delegates on the same course.
For courses at the Carshalton Centre the fee will be:
- £2100 + VAT for the first two delegates
- £990 + VAT for the third delegate
- £720 + VAT for the fourth delegate
- £240 + VAT for each additional delegate to a maximum of eight
On-site course fees are as above + expenses recharged at cost.
For a 1:1 course in Carshalton the fee is £1650 + VAT. For a 1:1 on-site course the fee is £1650 + VAT + expenses recharged at cost.
If there are any dates showing below this line, a course has been scheduled and places for individuals are available at £1050. Otherwise, no courses are currently scheduled and the above fees apply.
Overview of XML, SAX and DOM
Overview of Python XML processing resources
Installation and configuration of 4Suite
- Overview and rationale for XPath
- Overview of the 4XPath API
- Usage of XPath
- Location paths
- XPath arithmetic operations
- XPath functions
- Compiling XPath expressions for use with multiple documents
XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations)
- Overview of XSLT
- Stylesheet applications
- Embedded Stylesheets
- XSLT Elements
- Stylesheet Element
- Template Element
- Obtaining a node value
- Iterating over elements
- Working with File, Class and Method templates
- Embedding XSLT Transformations in Python
- Writing CGI Python scripts to integrate multiple stylesheets and manage the processing of XML documents
XML Document Validation
- Validating with internal and external DTD Subsets
- Python scripts for runtime XML Document Validation
- Python scripts for converting flat files to XML and then validating the resulting XML
- Introduction to ebXML, Dialects, Frameworks and Workflow