Python and Database Programming (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL) — A 3 day course
This course provides an intensive coverage of database programming with Python, including Python programming aspects of developing specialised database driven web sites.
Attendees are expected to be experienced Python programmers and to have some familiarity with relational databases and SQL, as well as a basic understanding of XML and HTML, and CGI.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Courses in this subject are scheduled on an 'ad-hoc' basis. We can arrange a course at our Carshalton centre or on customer site for any client wishing to send two or more delegates on the same course.
For courses at the Carshalton Centre the fee will be:
- £2100 + VAT for the first two delegates
- £990 + VAT for the third delegate
- £720 + VAT for the fourth delegate
- £240 + VAT for each additional delegate to a maximum of eight
On-site course fees are as above + expenses recharged at cost.
For a 1:1 course in Carshalton the fee is £1650 + VAT. For a 1:1 on-site course the fee is £1650 + VAT + expenses recharged at cost.
If there are any dates showing below this line, a course has been scheduled and places for individuals are available at £1050. Otherwise, no courses are currently scheduled and the above fees apply.
Overview of Relational Databases and SQL
Overview of lists, strings, tuples and dictionaries
Nested structures - lists of lists, lists of dictionaries, dictionaries of dictionaries
Creating and processing CSV files using Python
Pickling and unpickling
Overview of Object Oriented Python programming
Overview of the Python Database API
- Connection objects
- Cursor objects
- Database query patterns
Python database modules for MySQL, SQLite and PostgreSQL
Queries in greater depth
- SQL query strings with placeholders
- Exception handling
- Fetching results a row at a time vs. fetching results all at once
- Transaction processing - commits and rollbacks
- Creating web forms for generating and processing database queries
- Working with stored procedures
- Handling images and text files
Formatting query result data
- Formatting query results as HTML tables
- Formatting query results as XML
- Object Relational Modeling and data persistence