SDI® Service Desk Analyst (SDA) — A 3 day course
Excellent Service Desk support is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers the required IT service levels. The responsibilities of the support analyst are many and they evolve constantly, so a diverse skill-set is required to meet the challenging demands placed on them.
This course also looks at support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilised within the Service Desk. It reviews issues such as Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service Desk Analyst can utilise.
This course is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI®'s Service Desk Analyst qualification and ensures that students are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to take the SDA exam.
On completion of this course delegates will gain:
- A thorough grounding in the skills, competencies, responsibilities and knowledge required of a professional and effective Service Desk analyst
- Essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and effective support in the Service Desk environment
- Practical knowledge of how to use these skills to deal effectively with a variety of situations
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, and how to handle difficult situations
- An understanding of the importance of teamwork in the support environment
This course is intended for 1st line IT support, Helpdesk/Service Desk and support analysts with at least 9 months experience in an IT service and support environment.
There are no prerequisites for this course
Vouchers are given for a Prometric examination. The format of this is 60 multiple choice questions to be answered in one hour. The pass mark is 75%, 87.5% achieves a higher mastery pass.
Holders become qualified 'SDI - Service Desk Analyst'.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To identify and understand the role and responsibilities of the professional Service Desk Analyst
- To identify and understand the role and responsibilities of the Service Desk
- To determine the attributes, skills and knowledge of a successful Service Desk Analyst
- To develop an understanding of Relationship Management from the Service Desk perspective
- To identify and agree the key requirements for delivering customer satisfaction
- To identify and understand the principles of effective communication in customer support
- To understand the differences between face to face, telephone and written communication
- To identify ways to enable us to communicate more effectively
- To understand how our attitude and approach can influence and affect others
Customer Service Skills and Competencies
- To understand how to ask questions skilfully
- To determine the importance of good listening skills
- To understand the importance of customer service skills in the IT environment
Determine the importance of effective cross-cultural communication
- To understand that assertiveness and confidence are necessary qualities for the SDA
- To determine methods of dealing with conflict
- To determine the causes, symptoms and ways to manage stress
The Service Desk Environment
- Examine issues, both internal and external, that can affect our motivation
- Understand the importance and relevance of ethics within the workplace
- Determine the importance and benefits of effective teamwork
- To understand the ITSM processes most closely linked to the Service Desk
- To identify the responsibilities the Service Desk has within those processes
- To understand the importance of effective incident, problem, change, escalation and asset management processes
Managing, Meeting and Maintaining Service Levels
- Determine the value and benefits of Service Level Agreements
- Determine the need for and benefits of metrics and objectives within the support environment
- Understand the importance of effective Customer Satisfaction surveys
- To determine the steps taken during the problem solving process
- To understand the benefits of using a creative problem solving approach
- To identify techniques for creative problem solving
- To practice some problem solving techniques
Tools and Technologies used in Customer Support
- Develop a clear understanding of the support tools and technologies available to Service Desk Analysts
- To understand and use the terminology of the support industry
- Determine the benefits of the tools and technologies we use
- To determine methods for implementing Self-Help and Self Service for end-users