VMware View 4.5: Install, Configure, Manage — A 4 day course
Please note this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see VMware View 5: Install, Configure, Manage
This hands-on training course builds your skills in the VMware View suite of products: VMware View Manager, VMware View Composer, and VMware ThinApp. This course is based on the View 4.5 and ThinApp 4.6 releases.
At the end of the course, you should understand the features and operation of VMware View and be able to:
- Install and configure the VMware View components
- Create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools
- Deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops
- Configure and manage desktops that run in local mode
- Configure secure access to desktops through a public network
- Use ThinApp to package applications
System administrators and system integrators experienced with VMware vSphere™ who are responsible for their organization's deployment of VMware technology for virtual desktop infrastructure.
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Create a template in VMware vCenter Server and deploy a virtual machine from it.
- Modify a template customization file.
- Open a virtual machine console in vCenter Server and access the guest operating system.
- Configure Active Directory services.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Introduction to VMware View
- View features and components
View Connection Server
- Installation and configuration
- View Agent
- PCoIP and other remote display protocols
- USB redirection and multimedia redirection
View Client Options
- View Client
- View Client with Local Mode
- Thin clients
- Virtual Printing
- Configuring automated pools of dedicated and floating desktops
- Role-based delegated administration
- Managing ThinApp applications with View Manager
- Monitoring the View deployment
Configuring and Managing Linked Clones
- View Composer
- Deploying and provisioning linked-clone desktops
- Managing linked-clone desktops
- Managing persistent disks
- Local-mode desktops
- View Transfer Server and Transfer Server repository
- Local-mode operations
Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
- vdmadmin utility
- Clients in kiosk mode
- Backing up the View databases
- Restoring the View databases
Managing View Security
- View security server
- Network configuration and authentication options
View Manager Performance and Scalability
- Replica connection servers
- Performance considerations and load balancing
- Using ThinApp to capture applications
- Deploying and updating ThinApp packages
- Virtualizing Internet Explorer 6 for use on a Windows 7 system