VMware vSphere 5.1: What's New — A 2 day course
This event is aimed at delegates who wish to find out about the new features within VMware vCenter Server 5.1 and VMware vSphere ESXi. The content includes VMware vSphere 5.1 installation and how to upgrade from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.1.
By the end of the two day course delegates should have gained a good understanding of vSphere 5.1 features and functionality and be able to:
- detail the key enhancements to be found in vSphere 5.1 and describe them
- upgrade to vSphere 5.1 from 4.1
- manage virtual machines using VMware vSphere Web Client
- detail the key enhancements and new features of ESXi firewall and vNetwork distributed switches
- upgrade and administer VMware vSphere VMFS-5 datastore
- understand and configure policy-driven storage
- create a datastore cluster and configure Storage DRS
- migrate a virtual machine without shared storage
- use VMware vShield Endpoint to secure virtual machines
- use vSphere Data Protection to backup and recover a vSphere environment
- use vSphere Replication to replicate vSphere for SRM deployments
- monitor VMware vSphere High Availability cluster activity using new displays
- use the Linux-based VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- install a stateless or stateful ESXi host using Auto Deploy
- modify and export an image profile using Image Builder
The two day event is aimed at individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere environments such as system administrators, architects and IT managers.
Delegates undertaking this What's New course should have already attended one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere 4: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere Fast Track
or possess the equivalent vSphere 4 administration experience.
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.